A new year begins tomorrow. It’s time to round up the year’s accomplishments and set some goals for 2017.
In no particular order, here’s a recap of some of finer highlights in 2016:
- Redesigned IAFC.org
- Sold out two As Was Written live events, in April and November
- Wrote and performed two new short stories
- Shifted to Mac for personal laptop
- Paid off all credit debt
- Moved into a new apartment
- Bought a new car (after 17 years)
- Migrated 80+ users to Office 365
- Applied lessons learned from dozens of podcasts – The Tim Ferriss Show (favorite), Freakonomics Radio, any Kevin Kelly interviews – to life and work with positive results
- Spoke at ASAE Technology Conference for the 2nd consecutive year
- Completed 2nd year on ASAE Technology Section Council
Surely a few aren’t being highlighted here, but these were major milestones in my personal and professional work and life.
Now, for a few main 2017 goals:
- Publish short story collection
- More time sending gifts and notes to family, friends
- Read less, make/write/do more
Best of luck to you, closing out 2016 and making 2017 something memorable.